Early Bird, Wha?!

This is the second day in a row that I've made the choice to hop out of bed, brush teeth, and start the day earlier than required. I've never been a morning person. Bed has always called louder than anything else, so the thought in my head this morning as I stood looking at bed, still in pajamas, debating, was, "Why aren't you calling me?" Habit made me hesitate, confused; is this what morning people feel like? Like extra sleep wastes time that could be spent awake? The sensation was unfamiliar, baffling. My instinct was not to trust it. But then I thought, maybe this is some new and entirely unanticipated early bird phenomenon working its way into my system. And I went cheerily off to floss.

Maybe that tincture from my naturopath is working miracles. Maybe the new haircut has me feeling bouyant. Or maybe it's CJ turning eight months. (He's eight months today! Insert a paragraph of exclamation points here signifying immense disbelief). Maybe it's moving that much further from the exhaustion and blur of those early baby days. Maybe it's getting out to a reading, and then, later, for a drink. On a Friday night. Maybe it's all this walking we're doing. Or the great enjoyment I take from my kids. Or something hormonal. Who knows.

But I'm going to make a pot of coffee right now and savour the grey morning. As soon as I've moderated the smallish battle (ah, siblings!) going on behind me.
[Have to add a PS. I just re-read and edited this post about four hours later, and must note that though I may feel fabulous at 7am, I really really should not be writing for any form of publication at that hour. The post was full of errors and repetitions and clumsy rhetorical attempts. Brain not quite up with body, at that hour, apparently.]

Labels: