Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shinny Knee

It's funny how the unexpected happens. Last night at this time, I'd kissed my healthy husband goodnight and waved him off for his weekly two hours of late-night pick-up hockey, and tonight he is climbing the stairs behind me with the help of a crutch, bruised and broken ... literally. Apparently, in the midst of the game, his skate "caught an edge," the ice was soft, but the boards were not, and he struck knee-first, fracturing his kneecap. In an exclusive interview (okay, with me), he said he knew as soon as he hit that it wasn't good. I woke after 11 to the sounds of someone clumsily prowling the house, and had a smallish heart attack whilst confronting the "intruder" on the stairs. Exclusive photographs of the "shinny knee" below.







2 comments:

  1. Yeuch. Poor Kev. And, Carrie: how does one have a "smallish" heart attack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny: the word I had to type to post my comment? "Hydne." Hide. Knee.

    ReplyDelete