Exhibit Number One

Yesterday evening, I went to class and participated in a faux consciousness raising group, while Kevin fed the kids the shepherd's pie I'd made for supper (a big bust; never add leftover squash assuming it will blend in with the gravy under the mashed potatoes), and took them to a photography exhibit at Kitchener's Rotunda Gallery. He promised them ice cream, and ice cream was found. Albus went with a cut on his eye due to post-supper horsing about. The exhibit is by a friend, Karl Kessler, and the photos are of people who work in vanishing trades, and are accompanied by short interviews.
:::
Spent this morning working. I'm in the early stages of a new project, and the whole search at present is for tone. What baffles me is that the tone for this blog comes so naturally ... why can't that translate to absolutely everything I write? For the current project, I'm seeking a casual and entertaining tone, like a chat with a good girl friend. Not sure whether or not that summarizes this blog's tone. No, I think this is more stream-of-consciousness. Whether or not it's consciousness-raising is up for debate, or more likely beside the point.
:::
PD day ... upcoming afternoon projects include: naptime; walking around the neighbourhood to hand out birthday invitations; and a trip uptown to buy a few essentials. I've heard that there's an Uptown Treasure Hunt or somesuch on right now. Anyone know anything about that?

Labels: