A+ Mama Moment

The scene: two youngest children are playing "dentist" with the little guy I babysit on Tuesdays. They are getting along well, taking turns sitting in Fooey's high chair, and I'm in the kitchen nearby not really paying attention. As becomes obvious when Z turns up to pick up her child and glances askance at Fooey, who is performing some sort of dental surgery--with part of a wooden train--on CJ, who sits passively and sweetly, mouth open. Meanwhile, Z's son approaches the dentist chair with the play broom.
Z: "It's time to go."
"Wait, I just need to check his mouth with this again."
Z and I turn to each other: "Did he just say 'again'?"
"Yup, pretty sure that's what he said."
The scene still cracks me up every time I think of it.
Above, all three are managing to share a tent in the living room. Only a few tears preceded this relatively peaceful picture.

Labels: ,