Today

I want to tell you about today. I got up early, again. I was home from yoga before 8 0'clock, and said to Kev, "I feel like I already had my first cup of coffee." (Then I went and had it anyway, because nothing beats that first cup of coffee). The wind is strong today, so is the sun, the sky is swept blue. CJ and his little friend played all morning with our new babysitter, and all was well. And I worked on a story. It is refreshing and sweet and delicious to be working simply for the sake of doing it, not toward a paycheque, though that may sound odd (and working toward a paycheque has its own set of pleasures, I might add). But to write just because of the words ... nothing beats that. I'm not romanticizing. I don't think.
In early afternoon, CJ and I ran errands uptown, then stopped for gelato and coffee, and he read books on the floor in his red sunhat and blue rainboots, and I sat quietly. Thinking. I did not feel distracted. I did not feel restless. I felt at peace. And the words that came to me right then were: I'm already doing what I'm meant to be doing.
:::
Wait, need to edit that last sentence. Who knows what I'm meant to be doing. Not me, that's for sure. But I'm already doing what I want to be doing.

Labels: , , ,