Snatam Kaur concert

I went to a concert earlier this week. If you want to hear one of the songs, here's her version of "Long Time Sun," although her onstage version was less-produced-sounding, and we all got to sing along. In fact, we sang along (or chanted) the entire two-and-a-half hour concert.
During the concert, I was struck by two thoughts that are not quite enormous enough to be called revelations, but nevertheless felt revelatory. The first was that I must stay open to mystery. Not sure why I need the reminder, but maybe in all this literal, physical work I've been doing toward the triathlon, I've forgotten that it is driven by the spirit, and that without a strong spirit, I wouldn't be able to do it. It also reminded me that my word of the year is "heart." Still haven't figured out much about that (admittedly cliched) word and the year's almost half over; but there's a piece of mystery to ponder.
The other thought that came over me powerfully is the fortune of my family: my children, my husband. I was just overwhelmed with gratitude for them.
This whole post sounds cheesy, like most heart-felt things. I thought a lot about my Juliet Stories during the concert, and my hope for them is that they express the heart-felt without being cheesy. But this post is written in haste on a sunny spring afternoon and there is no distillation in it. And that, my friends, is the difference between story and blog.

Labels: , , , , ,