Things I am glad for this morning

Feb12 275

**My mom likes my book. Actually what she said was, "I love it; couldn't put it down." (I gave her a finished copy yesterday afternoon; I hadn't shown the book, in progress or finished, to my family before now.)

**Inspiration. While at soccer last night, I opened a message from my wise editor. She suggests I stop worrying over the launch of The Juliet Stories and get to work on the next book instead. I really really really like that idea.

**Valentine's day. Kevin surprised me. He pulled off a romantic evening despite swim lessons, soccer games, and me still doing the dishes at 8pm.

**Helpers. CJ helped me with those late-night dishes. It was his stream of cheery curious chatter that helped the most.

**Friends. Friends who plan parties. On my behalf. Friends who walk instead of run. On my behalf. Friends who get up early too.

**Naptime. What would I do without those twenty minutes of bliss every morning? The kids leave the house. The house is quiet. I lie down and sink into rest, I dream, and then and just as easily drift out of rest and dream, waking gradually, gently, fortified.

**Plans. A day in Toronto meeting old/new friends! An after-school forest program coming to our neighbourhood (maybe)! Friends who are planning big birthday parties! Overnight babysitting exchanges! Kundalini yoga! March break! Summer road trip!

Labels: , ,