People behaving badly (or not)

A quick post on a busy day. First, must let you know about an event taking place tomorrow evening, at which I will be reading: at The Silver Spoon in Kitchener, and I'll be going on around 7:45/8pm. (I probably won't be behaving too badly, however, contrary to the poster's title. Which could be a disappointment, I realize.)

I'd also like to direct you to a few finds online.

:: A great review of What We Talk About When We Talk About War, by Noah Richler (once-upon-a-time, my boss). Reviewed by Kerry Clare at Pickle Me This. Very thoughtful.

:: Today, on the main page of the 49th Shelf, my list of "books that made me want to write."

:: And, in honour of poetry month, a wonderful poem by a Canadian poet, Amanda Jernigan, who is making waves, and was just nominated for a major award. I wasn't familiar with her work, but immediately loved this poem. It's called Catch.

Happy Wednesday!