Reminder: reading tonight, Type Books, Toronto!

Just a quickie this morning, as I'm headed to the big city to do some work, meet my sister for coffee (I hope), sign some books, eat some supper, and read at Type, as it's apparently affectionately referred to by those in the know. See poster for details. I'm also looking forward to the Q&A afterward with Kerry Clare.

I'm hoping to park somewhere relatively central and then bike around Toronto. Is that insane?? My bike fits in the back of our truck, and I've got a helmet and a good lock. Last time I went to Toronto, I ended up hiking all over and feeling very sweaty and late; I'm hoping that by cruising, even very slowly and cautiously, on my old junker of a bike, I will at least not be late. It looks like rain, however. Pray for me people.

Hope to see some friendly faces tonight.

(Last night's event here in town was just lovely, met a ton of new people -- lots of writers -- and had some funny interactions with a slowly sinking microphone, which livened up my little set. And Heather B rolled with our family's usual Tuesday afternoon chaos, bless her. And my soccer kids had great games, including a goal for the one who's usually in net!)

Here's a link to the review of Juliet in The Walrus, if you haven't read it (and feel so inclined). I like how they call The Juliet Stories "Carrie Snyder's new novel." Which could be something we end up talking about tonight at the Short Story Shindig. What is this thing I've written anyway?

Labels: , ,