Gone writing ...

June12 221

Gone writing. Yes, again. I've spent the morning working on a writing-for-pay job, and now I've got the afternoon (an hour or two, anyway) to work on hopeful-writing, ie. the new book. I'd love to tell you more, but I'm way too superstitious. If this makes it to a full manuscript, in months or years or whenever, I will run around shouting the news from any available top: hilltop, rooftop, mountaintop. You get the picture.

Meantime, imagine me quietly plugging away.

(Total aside: I keep hearing about these crowd-funded novel-writing enterprises -- it seems the latest thing to do. Forget about applying for a professional grant, and sign up instead to ask many online strangers to donate a few dollars each toward a specific project. I'm kind of shaking my head, but also curious; under what circumstances could that possibly work?)

Labels: , , , ,