Last day of school

June12 289
last day of grade four, last day of grade one

Yup, it's here. This morning the kids departed for their last day of school, grades five, four, and one.

So the boy ran off without saying goodbye. He is not keen on my plan to walk up to meet them after school either. Ah, the many stages of motherhood.

The youngest girl posed for my camera while waiting for her extremely slow and distracted elder sister. Then both girls posed. At which point, they were so late to meet their friends, with whom they walk every morning, that their friends came to meet them!

Leaping and running down the sidewalk to greet each other.

Walking off to school. Filled with that "last day" thrill. I almost remember it. No, that's not true. I remember it perfectly; but I've yet to find a parallel in my adult life. (I'm not envious, just nostalgic, a wee bit.)

June12 298

Labels: , , , , ,