Moving the furniture

living-room1
newly arranged living-room

Saturday. Day of quiet and rain.

Sunday. Day of hopping out of bed early for a long run. Oh, and more rain.

living-room2

living-room3

Saturday evening we decided to rearrange the living-room. I'm not sure why, but it always makes me happy to rearrange a room. Baking bread has a similar effect on my spirits. So does going for a run. Life is full of simple cures that are next thing to free for the taking.

living-room4
practicing for imminent piano recital

The newly arranged living-room changes the focus, upon entering the house, away from the television. (Hurray!) Instead, you'll see the beautiful painting, as shown in the top photo, by Barry Lorne, which he generously gave us as a wedding gift. You'll see books, too. Hidden behind the old brown couch is the art section. There is room for a communal computer.

Here is what I am thinking about on this blustery weekend.

This morning it was so easy to go for a run. Yesterday, I felt lethargic, as immovable as stone. Life may be full of cures free for the taking -- but I confess that some days it is harder than others to take that first step, to put the best plan into motion. There have been times, lately, when I wonder what I'm doing wrong, wonder why I'm so tired, why I'm dropping the ball as often as not. Maybe I wish I were superwoman, leaping from role to role effortlessly, existing on little sleep, splendidly strong and competent and certain.

Instead, I'm just plain me. Rearranging the furniture, and making pad thai for supper, and falling asleep on the couch with a book.

Labels: , , , ,