Weekending in the rain

recitalkids
recital kids

Hello, weekend. Hello, rain.

I don't mind. I feel indoorsy today, sleepy. A long run is planned for late this afternoon, but I prefer running in the cool damp than hot hot heat. I'm baking bread. I'm sipping a cup of coffee and opening the newspaper -- and finding a review that I wrote on an essay anthology called In the Flesh (read it here.)

That's an awfully lovely discovery after a weird writing week. (The dinosaur story got sent yesterday; an interview for another story due next week went well; but I got very little work done on my new novel. It's always easier to set aside work for prospective payment in favour of work for guaranteed payment.)

Above, a photo of my well-dressed recital children. With the approach of summer holidays, we are coming to the end of lessons. Last piano lessons last week. Last swim lessons next week. Highland dance recital next weekend.

(Soccer, however, will go on. And on. No matter the rain. But it wouldn't be summer without soccer, at our house ...)

Labels: , , , , , , ,