Problem solving with hair

DSC_1477.jpg
DSC_1466.jpg
DSC_1472.jpg

I got a haircut!

And then I came home and took photos, but of course. This reveals a possible narcissistic tendency, but hey. It's a nice cut, and I only get these done semi-annually, usually just before some big event when I realize that my ends are all split and I've been jamming the mess into a hairband at every opportunity.

Problem is, I can never duplicate what the stylist does with the blow drier, in part because I have no blow drier, and in part because I have no talent executing most of the beauty rituals which are supposed to be second nature to women (that may explain why I have no blow drier).

Getting ready for a trip makes me anxious. Once I'm out the door I'll be fine, but meantime the smallest details seem overwhelming. There is something about getting a haircut that gives me a sense of control, of being on top of things, of taking charge. I've gotten the same basic cut for years (you're looking at it), and I'm extremely cautious when it comes to length, probably due to some really unfortunate shearings back in my teens and twenties, including the time I shaved my head (age eighteen), which is an experiment I would recommend to no one.

Is this haircut preparation enough for the next couple of exciting, jam-packed, out-of-the-ordinary days? Well, I hope so.

See you in Vancouver. (Here's a link to my schedule of events, both of which happen on Friday.)

Labels: , , , ,