The ten-minute post

Waterloo-20121210-00143.jpg
Haircut, Monday evening, while waiting for the hot chocolate to cool, because, as always, "This hot chocolate is too hot!"

I wasn't going to blog this morning, but I'm operating so efficiently that I genuinely believe I can write and post this in ten minutes (which is the time I'm allotting towards it). I have already been for a run (with a friend, in the dark, and oh it's dark these mornings, which is why you'll see me wearing a headlamp, even though I discovered it left a funny mark on my forehead this morning). I have a soup simmering in the crockpot. I got the kids up, dressed, fed, and off to school by myself, as Kevin headed off early to Toronto (thankfully he walked the dogs before he left, that might have been the straw for my this morning). I've had a nap. I've eaten breakfast! I just made a fresh pot of coffee.

I'm going to spend the day writing.

But I did want to report back re sad neglected advent calendar. Monday ended on a high: I put slips of paper into each empty pocket. I was so excited to tell the kids when they got home from school: check the calendar!

Monday's activity? "Look at photo albums."

"Oh! I just did that!" said Fooey. (Yes, that's what gave me the idea, thought I. The photo albums were still out.)

Yesterday's activity: "Write our family Christmas letter."

Which AppleApple and I accomplished in an hour of manic productiveness after swimming, while the little kids got their own snacks and brushed their own teeth (Kevin and Albus were at soccer). Now comes the hard part: printing and sending. If you think you're not on our list and you'd like to be added to our list (where is our list? note to self: find!), you are welcome to send me your address via email.

Today's activity: "Wear red and green." (Because today is "green" day in CJ's "big school" classroom and I didn't want to forget.)

I can't remember what tomorrow's is. But trust me, all of the activities are extremely low-key, or things I'd already planned to do. For those more ambitious, a friend sent me a link to this Pinterest page with advent activities that are, admittedly, quite do-able, but kind of overwhelm me with their impossible enthusiasm nevertheless.

Time's up. Enjoy your Wednesday, whatever it is you're doing today. (Just noticed that I'm not wearing red or green ...)


Labels: , , , , ,