Truth, Dare, Doubledare: Woot!

DSC_2638.jpg
science presentation, in progress

*

News to report: I have an essay in the just-announced anthology, Truth, Dare, Doubledare: Stories of Motherhood, a book conceived, curated, and edited by Kerry Clare of Pickle Me This, one of my favourite Canadian book blogs. Read more about the deal here. Other contributers include Heather Birrell, Alison Pick, Zoe Whittall, Marita Dachsel, and my friend Deanna McFadden, whom I first met at the University of Toronto in a grad class called Restoration Women Writing. (Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure we took another class together called Victorian Women Reading, which seems oddly symmetrical).

This anthology is going to be an excellent collection of work, guaranteed. I just can't wait to read it myself. I also suspect the launch party will be memorable.

Now the bad news: The pub date is Spring, 2014, so we'll all have to be patient until then.

*

Somehow I lost an hour off of my work day, and I'm not sure where it went. Vanished. I was supposed to be sitting down at my desk at 10am, and it's very nearly 11. I did drive a large posterboard (pictured above) up to the school for the boy who has a science presentation today (yes, I drove the posterboard, not the child). That took up about 14 minutes. There was a load of laundry. The dogs kept wanting to go in and out of the back yard. But I'm pretty sure the time-sucker was email.

Messages replied to this morning: 12.

Book clubs I will be visiting in the next two weeks: 3.

Social outings I attended yesterday: 2.
involving coffee: 1
involving beer: 1

Words written in new book yesterday: 388.
goal for today: 1000.
which would bring the total word count to: 80,000.

*

And .... GO!

Labels: , , , ,