We should have done it in stripes

DSC_0085.jpg

So, the living-room. We were going to paint three walls a lighter shade of green, and one wall darker, but the darker tone turned out to be not drastically different from the lighter, as you can see (above).

Here's how the conversation went after all four walls had been painted, yesterday afternoon:

Me: It's a good colour, but it's not what we planned.
Albus: I like it.
Me: I'm not sure.
Apple-Apple: You could paint the wall that colour I wanted [note: that colour she wanted was a violently brilliant eye-popping apple green].
Me and Kevin: No.
Albus: Well, it's your house so you get to choose.
Me: But what do you think?
Fooey: I think you should do stripes!
AppleApple: I know! You could paint the ceiling that colour I wanted!
Me and Kevin: No!
Fooey: Like a stripe of purple and a stripe of blue and then green and yellow and ...
Me: I mean, I like the colour, it's just not what we planned.
Kevin: I have to know by noon tomorrow because I won't have time to paint after that.
Fooey: Can you paint stripes in my room?

DSC_0090.jpg

Me, [messaging Kevin, 10:07 AM, today]: I went and looked again and decided you should paint it.
Kevin: Ok I will come asap.

This is the bonus of having non-traditional jobs: so we can pop home and paint whenever the mood strikes! From the sounds of it, he's got a soccer game going in there, too. Pretty nice way to spend a Monday afternoon.

[Note: if you really really love that shade of green over which Kevin is painting (above), please don't tell us, because he's covering it up right now, as I type, and we're not going to repaint this room three times in as many days. But, who knows, we might use it for stripes in Fooey's room. Why not?] 

Labels: , ,